As the leader of our Chubbies store and retail floor, you are responsible for the management and execution of all tasks required to operate the store. Major areas of responsibilities include hiring, team development, store management, and training of the sales team. Other key areas of focus include fostering a culture of responsibility balanced with fun, inventory management, payroll, cash administration, visual merchandising, sales strategy, budget planning and most importantly, providing great customer experience.
Adaptability and agility are KEY as Chubbies retail is ever changing – you thrive in an ever changing environment by pivoting wisely and lean into entrepreneurship to propel the business forward.
At Chubbies we have core values that we weave into every facet of our brand — from hiring to performance reviews. Since you'll be the face of our team values, it's important that they resonate with you most.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead Customer Experience: give “out of this world “customer experience and sales strategy; coach sales team to follow our core value of Customer > Company > Self - with EVERY customer interaction.
Product Education: the leader among the team in current product knowledge / always keeping up to date on our latest product releases and core assortment.
Boldly Entrepreneurial: creates creative incentives to increase foot traffic in store and convert new customers to Chubbies loyalists.
Community: Consistently implementing new ways to grow local brand awareness through community relationships and experiential events.
Communication: proven ability in strong communication tactics and ability to communicate effectively through various platforms such as slack and Outlook.
Recruiting: anticipates store headcount needs, utilizes recruiting forums and always on the lookout for talented sales team members to join the Chubbies retail team.
- Prioritizing high scores on executive lead retail audits for superior store operational performance, providing store walkthroughs with upper management during store visits (graded on areas such as physical store, daily operations, team training, inventory organization, etc.
Merchandise Management: full ownership of folding, hanging, and displaying products to support consistency within our brand standards and execute quarterly campaign installations.
- Facilitates in store VM activations & window displays, managing sales floor signage, integration of new product launches, accurately tracking & receiving weekly allocations, awareness of on hand inventory levels, requesting profitable products to cater to customer demand, and communicating customer feedback regarding merchandise selection, fit, fabric, or style.
Business Management: accuracy with cash handling, POS software, register use, budget management (store/marketing), responsible for managing monthly budget for supplies orders and store operational needs, ability to hit profit/contribution targets along with other KPI’s.
Employee Management: write employee schedule two weeks in advance to expected headcount hours and manage employee performance through developmental feedback.
Knowledge of Business Performance: write weekly business recaps on store performance to highlight key metrics, review categorical performance and communicate merchandise trends, closely monitor traffic and conversion, and set strategic team goals for comping same-store sales YoY.
- 1 or more years of prior management experience
- Applicants are a minimum of 21 years of age
- Completion of some secondary education is preferred
- Retail experience must include the use of advanced retail management practices: front end and back end operations, merchandising, sales leadership, team leadership, and people management.
- Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and knowledge of MS Office & Excel
- Apparel experience is strongly preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Accrued PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- 401(k) with 3% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible spending account
- Generous employee discount
- Priceless opportunity to work with the coolest team ever!
- Ability to work weekends
- Inventory Counts: required to be at every inventory count at the end of each month and scheduled outside of store hours; potential for early mornings or late evenings
- Chubbies reserves the right to make amendments to the schedule and/ or availability requirements from time to time and at its sole discretion
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and during peak season, to be defined each year based in part on the holiday season, and high sales season, and to be adjusted each year based on the calendar and expected sales
- This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
- Applicants must be able to lift and move boxes of 5-50 pounds and stand on the retails floor shifts for 6-8 hours at a time
At Chubbies, we don’t believe in just celebrating the weekend, we celebrate different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds. We stand against discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities. It is our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees while we chase that Friday at Five feeling.
Even if you don't qualify or have specific experience in every facet of this role this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. We encourage you to apply for any role you're personally interested in & excited to drive positive change at Chubbies!
Chubbies participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.